Originally sent 1/7/21
A few important reminders as we head into the second half of the school year with COVID cases on the rise:
* If someone in your household is awaiting the results of a COVID test, your children are required to switch to remote learning until test results are received (you must also contact our school nurse for guidance on the situation).
* If your child has a possible COVID exposure through sports, a social activity, etc. they are required to switch to remote learning for the required quarantine period (you must also contact our school nurse for guidance on the situation).
* If your child has traveled outside the state, they are required to switch to remote learning for the quarantine period or until a negative PCR test has been received by the school nurse per the school policy (you must also contact our school nurse for guidance on the situation).
* If your child tests positive for COVID, immediately contact our school nurse at 860.643.5088 x3 during her office hours (7:00am – 2:30pm), or email Mrs. Zorger (email@example.com) if the results are obtained after school hours or over a weekend.
* Remote learning is reserved for the students that are signed up for full-time remote learning or students quarantining as noted above. It is our school’s policy that students cannot switch to remote learning for a day simply because they have an appointment, there are issues getting them to school on time, etc. If you wish to keep your child home under these conditions, they will just be marked absent for the day – just like in prior years. In addition, if a student travels for vacation while school is in session, these days will be marked as absences (there is no option for remote learning during travel). Remote learning can commence when students return home and begin the required quarantine.
* Every day before you come to school, please remember to take your child’s temperature and conduct a general health assessment. If your child is not feeling well in any way (even if symptoms are not consistent with COVID) please keep them home and follow up with your child’s doctor and our school nurse. We need families to be extra vigilant at this time.
If your child is an in-person learner and will be traveling outside the state for a period greater than 24 hours, please remember to let our school nurse, Mrs. Vignati, know ahead of time so she can advise you on our school’s most current travel policy.
Note: The CDC has recently changed the required quarantine period from 14 days to 10 days. Saint James School’s quarantine protocol will be amended accordingly, however families are still required to consult with the school nurse to discuss your family’s specific circumstances.
Thank you for your continued support and vigilance in keeping our school community healthy!