As a reminder, there is no school this coming Monday (January 18th) in observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday.
Please be advised that returning family registration information (for families with a child currently in our Pre-K3 through 7th grade) will be sent out via email on Monday, February 1st and will be due back no later than February 19th to secure your child’s spot for next year.
For younger siblings that will be new to Saint James School for Fall 2021, please reach out to our Admissions Coordinator, Amy Guenther, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.643. 5088 (hit 8 when you get the automated menu to be directly connected) before the deadline to complete the preliminary paperwork.
If you have friends, coworkers, etc. who are interested in learning more about our school, please encourage them to reach out to Amy Guenther as soon as possible as it already appears (based on preliminary interest from new families) that most grades will have a wait list again next year.
Below please find the link for St. Jame Parish’s Virtual Mass for this Sunday, January 17th, 2021
Mrs. Zorger wanted to share a quick note of gratitude to all our families for continuing to be so punctual with morning arrival. The teachers really appreciate that all students are getting here on time each day and the whole class is ready to start when the bell rings.
On a similar note, please remember that if you are using the “drop and go” area in the morning (the are that spans the entire length of the building), your child should be fully ready to hop out of the car when you stop. We are starting to see backups form as students need to get masks on, finish breakfast, or open the trunk to retrieve items, etc. If this is the case when you get to the school area, please pull up and park in front of the Pre-Kindergarten building or on Otis Street. “Drop & go” is meant to be a quick turnaround where you stop, the student hops out, and you pull away. Thank you for your renewed attention to this.
As a reminder, tomorrow, Thursday – January 14th, is a 12:05pm Dismissal Day. Aftercare will be in session. If your child will be going to Aftercare tomorrow, they will need a lunch and drink from home (there is no cafeteria service on early dismissal days).
Additionally, there is no school next Monday – January 18th – in observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
Yearbook order forms are being sent home today for in-person learners (remote learners should have picked theirs up on Friday). The yearbook order deadline is Friday March 19th, 2021.
You may also order your yearbook online at ybpay.lifetouch.com and enter the code: 9708621.
As a reminder, all Grade 8 students will automatically receive a yearbook at no-charge.
This Sunday, January 10th at 9:00am we will have our monthly Children’s Mass at St. James Church. Sixth grade student Matteo M. will be the reader for this Mass. We hope to see you there!
If you will not be attending Mass in person this weekend, you can view the St. James Parish virtual Mass for Sunday, January 10th using the link below (it will be available to view after 6am on Saturday).
Originally sent 1/7/21
A few important reminders as we head into the second half of the school year with COVID cases on the rise:
* If someone in your household is awaiting the results of a COVID test, your children are required to switch to remote learning until test results are received (you must also contact our school nurse for guidance on the situation).
* If your child has a possible COVID exposure through sports, a social activity, etc. they are required to switch to remote learning for the required quarantine period (you must also contact our school nurse for guidance on the situation).
* If your child has traveled outside the state, they are required to switch to remote learning for the quarantine period or until a negative PCR test has been received by the school nurse per the school policy (you must also contact our school nurse for guidance on the situation).
* If your child tests positive for COVID, immediately contact our school nurse at 860.643.5088 x3 during her office hours (7:00am – 2:30pm), or email Mrs. Zorger (email@example.com) if the results are obtained after school hours or over a weekend.
* Remote learning is reserved for the students that are signed up for full-time remote learning or students quarantining as noted above. It is our school’s policy that students cannot switch to remote learning for a day simply because they have an appointment, there are issues getting them to school on time, etc. If you wish to keep your child home under these conditions, they will just be marked absent for the day – just like in prior years. In addition, if a student travels for vacation while school is in session, these days will be marked as absences (there is no option for remote learning during travel). Remote learning can commence when students return home and begin the required quarantine.
* Every day before you come to school, please remember to take your child’s temperature and conduct a general health assessment. If your child is not feeling well in any way (even if symptoms are not consistent with COVID) please keep them home and follow up with your child’s doctor and our school nurse. We need families to be extra vigilant at this time.
If your child is an in-person learner and will be traveling outside the state for a period greater than 24 hours, please remember to let our school nurse, Mrs. Vignati, know ahead of time so she can advise you on our school’s most current travel policy.
Note: The CDC has recently changed the required quarantine period from 14 days to 10 days. Saint James School’s quarantine protocol will be amended accordingly, however families are still required to consult with the school nurse to discuss your family’s specific circumstances.
Thank you for your continued support and vigilance in keeping our school community healthy!