Extended Day Program
The Saint James School Extended Day Program provides before-school and after-school care for children of working parents. Children in Pre-K through Grade 8 are accepted for the program. This program is in effect on all days that Saint James School is in session, beginning with the first day of school and ending with the last day of school. On regular school days, the hours of the extended day program are 6:15-7:30am and 2:05-5:30pm. When the school has a four-hour session, the hours of the program are 6:15-7:30am and 12:05-5:30pm.
Description of Program
The Extended Day Program is generally conducted in the school cafeteria area and includes the following:
- Play periods outside on good days and in the gym when there is inclement weather.
- Snack provided by the Extended Day Program.
- Directed activities such as crafts, music, story time, play acting, etc.
- Quiet time for homework.
- A change of play clothes may be sent to school with your child(ren) to be worn after school.
- For the morning session, children may bring their own breakfast. Juice will be provided.
There is a separate charge for the Extended Day Program, however we have flexible rates to accommodate just the days and hours you use the program.
For questions regarding the extended day program, please contact the program director, Jean Burdick at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 643-5088.