All volunteers are required to complete a background check form and attend a VIRTUS (Protecting God’s Children for Adults) training session. To access the schedule of upcoming sessions, click here and select Hartford, CT (Archdiocese). You can also call the school office to see if an upcoming training session is scheduled to be held at Saint James School. Completed background check forms and VIRTUS certificate should be turned in to the Saint James School Office.
Below is a list of some of the volunteer opportunities we have each year:
- Room Parent/Room Helper
- Lunch/Recess Parents
- Sports Team Coaches
- HSA Board
- Saint James School Board
- Buddy Family (paired with incoming family)
- Library Duty (re-shelving books, etc).
- Uniform Closet Organization & Upkeep
- Donation of special skills – Painting, Technology Expertise, Carpentry, Electrical Work
- HSA Event Committees
- Box Tops Support
- Middle School Dance Chaperone