About the Program
Saint James offers a comprehensive Pre-K program in a nurturing Christian environment. As part of the Saint James School community, children have an enriching experience that includes various opportunities to be part of what they fondly refer to as “the big school.” It’s a unique environment that cannot be found elsewhere. Our Pre-Kindergarten curriculum covers areas such as religion, math, literature, social studies, language development, science, art and music, which are integrated around thematic units and children’s literature. We establish the foundation for a lifetime love of learning with reading and math preparation as well as other basic skills that will provide your child with the skills necessary to make a seamless transition to Kindergarten.
Our program has the following goals:
- To awaken each child’s desire to learn
- To facilitate opportunities in spiritual, social, physical, cognitive and language development
- To generate in the early learner, the value of life
Benefits of the Saint James Pre-Kindergarten:
- Pre-Kindergarten is housed in a separate facility, but the children attend programs and can utilize facilities at “the big school.”
- Exceptional, theme-based curriculum (click HERE to view a sample)
- Ability to utilize the Saint James School before care and after care program.
- Various class options, including a full-day program for 3-, 4- and 5-year-olds.
- Solid kindergarten preparation in the 4- and 5-year-old program including fine motor skill work, letter recognition, correct letter formation, pre-reading skills, math preparation, small and large group interaction, introduction to religion and prayers, imaginative play, and enhancement of listening skills.
- Fenced in play area with plastic, preschool-sized play equipment for recess times.
- Pre-Kindergarten children have access to the Saint James School nurse if needed in dealing with illness, allergies, health issues, prevention of injuries, and medical emergencies.
- Parents are welcome to participate in the Saint James Home and School Association (HSA) activities.
- First preference for admission into the very popular Saint James School Kindergarten program.
- Fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
A detailed overview of our school policies can be found in our Pre-Kindergarten Handbook.
A detailed overview of our programs can be found HERE. For current tuition rates, please visit our Pre-K Tuition Page.