Kindergarten – Grade 8 Enrollment Procedures:
Please click HERE to view our Enrollment Procedures for the Pre-Kindergarten Program
Call the school at (860) 643-5088 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request information and/or schedule a visit. You can also complete our 2019-2020 Application Form (click link) and fax it to the school at (860) 649-6462, e-mail it to email@example.com, or send it in via regular mail to:
Saint James School
73 Park Street
Manchester, CT 06040
Contact the school to schedule an appointment for a Kindergarten Screening or Placement Test (Grades 1-8). When you come for the appointment, please bring with you copies of the following to submit to the school:
- A copy of your child’s Birth Certificate
- A copy of your child’s most recent standardized test scores (if applicable)
- A copy of your child’s most recent report card & records release
- A copy of any planning/placement/special services reports pertaining to your child
- A copy of your child’s Baptismal Certificate (for Catholic Students Only)
- A completed Kindergarten Transition Form (for students entering Kindergarten from a preschool other than Saint James only)
We also strongly encourage new students entering grades 3-8 to “shadow” a current Saint James School student for a day prior to acceptance. This helps your child get the full experience of coming to our school and allows us to get to know your child a little better. This can be scheduled for the day of their placement test.
The first round of acceptance letters will be mailed home in March. For later applicants, acceptance letters will be sent based on space availability as well as completion/review of of all necessary paperwork and assessments.
Once you receive your acceptance letter, in order to secure a spot for your child, the completed Family Registration paperwork and tuition contract (enclosed with your acceptance letter) must be submitted by the deadline noted in the acceptance letter. Along with the paperwork, a $100 per family registration fee (payable to Saint James School) will hold a spot for your child(ren). This is a non-refundable fee, however it will be applied towards your annual tuition amount.
Welcome to SJS!
During the month of August:
- You will receive a letter from the school pairing you with a “Buddy” family. This family will have been with the school for at least a year and has volunteered to be a contact for questions and information for an incoming family.
- You will also receive an invitation to come to our new family “Meet and Sweet” ice cream social shortly before the new school year. A separate letter containing information about your child(ren)’s teacher for the upcoming school year will also be sent towards the end of August.
We look forward to meeting you!
If you have any questions regarding the application process or are in need of further information about the school, please call the school office (during school hours) or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.