The Saint James Community is comprised of our Pre-Kindergarten program, the Elementary/Middle school program, the Parish of Saint James, and the school’s Advancement building.
Main Building – 73 Park Street, Manchester
Our main building consists of Kindergarten through Grade 8. Here we function as one school with older children earning responsibilities that include becoming reading buddies, church buddies, and monitors for those in the younger grades. Our building features:
- Two classes at every grade level
- Smart Board and laptop computer in every classroom
- State-of-the-art computer lab with computers for every child
- Full-size gymnasium and four outdoor play areas
- A full library with the latest books and research materials for every age group
- Art and science classroom for middle school students
- Lunchroom with cafeteria service
- Secure entry system with camera-monitored entrance
Pre-Kindergarten Building – 85 Park Street, Manchester
The Saint James School Pre-Kindegarten is located adjacent to Saint James School in the building that was previously the Convent. This building features:
- Two large rooms and one smaller room on the ground floor used for daily activities. One of the large rooms is stocked with a variety of toys that enhance role playing, fine motor skills, and imagination
- Smart Board and laptop computer
- Large fenced-in area with grassy play area and lots of age-appropriate playground equipment
- Small computer area that the children can use at designated times
- Full kitchen for cooking projects.
- Uniform closet and large conference room on upstairs level
- Secure entry system
Saint James Church – 896 Main Street, Manchester
Sitting atop a hill in historic, downtown Manchester, Saint James Church just a short walk from the school. Children in Grades 1 through 8 will attend church on all Holy days and also attend a mass at the church celebrating the beginning and end of each school year. Children in Kindergarten attend Mass beginning at Christmas time. For all school Masses, younger students are paired with an older student, known as their “church buddy.”
Office of Advancement – 98 Church Street, Manchester
The newly added Office of Advancement seeks to advance the mission of Saint James School in the areas of constituent relations, volunteer management, external fundraising, strategic planning, and communications. Our Director of Advancement, Amy Guenther, is available at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the school at 860 643-5088 during school hours.