Saint James School has been a leading choice for educating children in Manchester and surrounding towns since it first opened its doors in 1922. Many changes have happened at the school since then, but the basic principles that have turned generations of Saint James graduates into compassionate, disciplined, critical thinkers have not. Check us out on Better Connecticut! https://youtu.be/wcB6BmGgtYo
Saint James offers:
- An exceptional, accelerated, and traditional curriculum (not common core) that puts student performance two to five grade levels above target performance on national standardized (IOWA) tests.
- Two classes per grade – from Kindergarten through Grade 8 – allowing parents more options throughout their child’s education.
- SMART Boards in every classroom add fun, interactive, and enhanced learning opportunities to daily lessons. The school also has: a fully updated Technology Center where students learn typing skills, Microsoft applications, Google applications, architectural/engineering/STEM/3D design applications, and coding; 26 hands-on coding robots; a 1:1 Chromebook program (with multiple levels of security) for students in 3rd – 8th grade.
- No mandatory fundraising or parent volunteer requirements.
- Music and art integrated into the curriculum at all levels.
- Flexibility and decision making at the school level on everything from class size to curriculum.
- The incorporation of values, morals, and faith into everyday life to help children successfully navigate the challenges of living in today’s world.
- Integration of community service to help children learn, grow, appreciate, and understand the world around them.
- First Penance and First Communion preparation during school hours.
- Spanish language instruction beginning in 3rd grade.
Click here to learn why a Pre-Kindergarten education from Saint James School is the first step towards your child’s academic success.