Update Effective 4/21/21
* Saint James School will continue to follow the Manchester Board of Education Travel Policy which is outlined below. Families should call the SJS Nurse – Mrs. Vignati (860.643.5088, option 3) – to further discuss return-to-school protocol, PRIOR to travel.
* If traveling outside of Connecticut for more than 24 hours (but still within the United States), students (and staff**) must either quarantine for 10 days or provide a negative COVID-19 test to the school prior to returning to the school building.
* The test must be obtained in the 72 hours prior to your arrival in CT or following your arrival back in CT.
* The COVID-19 test may be a PCR or rapid test. Students or staff** cannot return to the school building until the results of a negative Covid-19 test has been received by the school nurse or the individual has quarantined for at least 10 days. Test results can be faxed to our school fax (860 649 6462) or emailed to Mrs. Vignati at firstname.lastname@example.org.
** For Adults that are “fully vaccinated,” these US travel requirements no longer apply. Please note that people are considered “fully vaccinated,” after more than 2 weeks has elapsed after the last dose of a complete COVID-19 Vaccination regimen of all available vaccines being presently given in Connecticut.
All international travelers are being COVID tested before entering or returning to the US. However, additional CDC guidelines are now requiring:
1) For UNVACCINATED individuals, a Viral COVID test is needed 3-5 days after travel back to the US AND also stay home and self quarantine for a full 7days after travel. Even if you test negative, stay home and self quarantine for the full 7 days.
2) For FULLY VACCINATED individuals or those individuals who have had COVID-19 within the last 90 days: they only need a negative test prior to re-entry into the US. They do not have to quarantine.
We ask that you continue to keep in mind that COVID-19 is spreading even in small indoor gatherings. Please take every precaution to keep yourself, your family, and our school community safe.