As a measure of additional safety for our students, effective today – Thursday, August 27th – the school is implementing a new procedure for picking up students at the end of the day (“walkers”):
- All parents who pick up students at dismissal will park in the church parking lot. The parents/ guardians will walk to the school and enter the front doors of the gym. Parents/ guardians will walk to the RIGHT side of the gym and wait for the dismissal signal bell.
- The students will be walked down to the gym with a grade teacher and will enter through the breezeway entrance. They will line up with the teacher on the LEFT side of the gym.
- PARENTS MUST TELL THE TEACHER WHO THEY ARE PICKING UP AND THE STUDENT WILL BE RELEASED TO THE PARENT.
- All Pre-Kindergarten students should be picked up at the Pre-Kindergarten. Parents with a child also in the K-8 school should pick up their Pre-Kindergarten student first, then proceed to the gym.
- Students will be brought down to the gym for dismissal at 2:10pm. The doors to the gym will open at 2:00pm.
- NO ONE IS PERMITTED TO PARK ON EITHER SIDE OF PARK STREET FROM THE CORNER OF CHURCH STREET TO THE PRE-K FENCE. PLEASE DO NOT PULL INTO EITHER STAFF PARKING LOT.
- Manchester residents are encouraged to use the bus system to help with the congestion at the end of the day.
Additional staff will be at dismissal to help make this new procedure run in a safe and orderly manner. We ask for your cooperation and patience as we transition to this new pick-up method.
The administration and staff of Saint James School