Mrs. Kanute would like to extend a huge Thank You to all the families who helped make morning drop-off run more smoothly this morning. If you didn’t read through this yesterday, please take a moment to do so now:
To try to reduce morning traffic congestion, beginning Wednesday morning we are extending the length of our “Drop & Go” location for parents dropping students off after 7:30am. In addition to dropping off in front of the gym/breezeway, parents may pull up in front of the school (by the hedges) and curbside in front of the staff parking lot between the Pre-K and main building. Please Do Not Block the crosswalk area.
It is because your child(ren)’s safety is our top priority that we ask you to please be respectful about obeying the posted traffic signs and following the school’s drop-off rules:
- Do NOT stop your car in the middle of the street or the Otis Street intersection to drop-off your child(ren). This is extremely dangerous for you, your child(ren), the crossing guard, and other students.
- Do NOT park in the marked “No Parking” zone in front of the white house across from the school. The no parking sign is there to help aid with vision for the crosswalk.
- If you are dropping off curbside in front of the gym/breezeway/school, your child(ren) should have their backpack ready to go and exit on the SIDEWALK side of the car only. Do not let your child(ren) exit your car into the street.
- If you wish to walk your child(ren) to the breezeway in the morning, you may park in front of the Pre-Kindergarten building on Park Street, on St. James Street, on Otis Street (on the designated side), or in the St. James Church parking lot. Between these multiple locations, there is plenty of parking to accommodate all parents.
- Whether you are doing curbside drop-off or parking your car to walk your child up to the school, please make a point to plan enough time into your morning routine to help your child(ren) arrive SAFELY and on time.
We thank you in advance for doing your part to help us keep our children safe.