Below please find the school’s inclement weather policy. Please keep this information handy for future reference. You may also access a copy on our website homepage – click on the yellow link for “Calendars, Forms & Docs.” Then look under “General School Documents” for the Inclement Weather Policy.
Please note, the school does not call parents to inform them of an early dismissal or delayed opening. We strongly encourage all parents to sign up for text/e-mail alert notifications for delays, cancellations, and early dismissals from any of the local TV stations. Saint James School follows the Manchester Public School schedule for delays and closings, so please choose this as your option when selecting which notifications to receive. Also, when watching for delays or closures on TV, please look for Manchester Public Schools – Saint James School will be the same (delay, closure, early dismissal).
The schedule for a 90-minute delayed opening is as follows:
- Half day Kindergarten students will attend school from 9:30am to 12:00pm.
- Fully Day K – Grade 8 students will attend school from 9:30am to 2:05pm
- Pre-Kindergarten Morning session & Full Day session start at 9:45am
- Pre-Kindergarten Afternoon session starts at 11:15am
- There is no before school care if there is a late opening
The schedule for an early dismissal is as follows:
- Kindergarten – Grade 8 will operate on a 4-hour day schedule, with dismissal at 12:05pm
- Pre-Kindergarten Morning session will dismiss at 10:45am
- Pre-Kindergarten Full Day session will dismiss at 12:00pm
- Pre-Kindergarten Afternoon session is cancelled.
- Extended day is cancelled on early dismissal days. All students must be picked up from the extended day no later than 1:00pm
It is the responsibility of parents to make arrangements for their children and to be sure the children are aware of those arrangements. If the weather forecast indicates that an early dismissal is possible, please discuss with your children the plans for if early dismissal should occur.
If you have any questions on the policy, please do not hesitate to contact the school office or e-mail us at email@example.com.