We hope that everyone has had a wonderful, relaxing summer and our students are ready to start another great year of learning tomorrow (Wednesday, August 28th) for our first day of school. Just a couple of reminders and updates:
- Tomorrow is a half day, with dismissal at 12:05pm. Please make sure every student knows how they are getting home tomorrow so they can relay that information to their teacher (aftercare, bus, or pick-up in the church parking lot).
- Kindergarten parents will be able to go to the classroom with their child in the morning and will be asked to confirm after-school transportation plans (aftercare, bus, or pick-up in church parking lot).
- Please remember aftercare students will need to bring a lunch from home.
- RAIN PLAN: If there is rain tomorrow morning, all students will come in through the main doors of the school (formerly red, now pained green to match the new windows!) and proceed right to their classrooms with their supplies. Kindergarten parents will accompany their children to the classrooms as may any parents of our new families and younger students if necessary. Fortunately, the weather forecast appears to have changed from yesterday and it looks like we will be able to meet outside (parking lot between the Pre-Kindergarten and K-8 school building) as we traditionally do.
- Due to scheduling conflicts, we will NOT be having a new parent information session in the cafeteria this year. Our Director of Advancement, Amy Guenther, will be on hand in the cafeteria after the morning bells if any of our first year parents have any last minute questions they wish to discuss.
- If anyone needs a new oval “SJS” sticker for their car (or for any new families that did not get one at the meet & sweet last night), they will available in the main office throughout the year at no charge.
We look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow morning!