We are looking forward to seeing all our students back at Saint James School in just a few short weeks, whether it be for in-person learning or distance learning!
Below are a few additional important notes we wanted to share as we get closer to the start of school:
Masks/Face Coverings for In-Person Learners
Please make sure your child has practiced wearing their mask and knows how to put it on/remove it without parental help. Lanyards will be provided to each student to attach to their mask during mask breaks so they don’t have to put in on their desk, etc.
Please ensure that your student has a second/back-up mask in their backpack at all times.
Student masks must meet the following conditions:
* Fit snugly around the nose and cheek area to avoid gaps.
* The fabric should be thick enough not to see the sun/light through
* No exhalation valves or vents in masks as they allow air to flow out
* In addition to the 2020-2021 supply list items, all K-5 students should have a beach towel in their backpack every day to use for outdoor class time.
* Saint James School will provide every student in 3rd – 8th grade with a Chromebook this year. We highly recommend that parents purchase the optional $40 insurance from the school for their child’s device. Information on insurance will be sent out shortly (forms should come back to school with students on the first day of school or dropped off on the day they pick-up supplies for distance learners). All students doing in-person learning in grades 3 – 8 should have headphones/earbuds that are Chromebook compatible to use in school.
* Students in Kindergarten – 2nd grade will each have their own iPads for in-class enrichment opportunities (iPads will not replace traditional teaching and will be used for enrichment activities only). Students in grades K – 2 should have iPad-compatible headphones/earbuds with their supplies for in-school use.
* We realize Clorox wipes are hard to find these days and some supply lists call for 3 tubs of wipes. Please note that wipes can be a generic brand and if you cannot get the listed amount, please just send one if possible.
Arrival & Dismissal (K-8)
We strongly encourage families to conduct a health screening with your child prior to coming to school each morning. There will be 4 separate areas for students to enter the building for the K-8 program this year. Students will have their temperature scanned and then head directly to their classroom this year. Signs will be posted to help identify each entrance area; Aides and other staff members will be on site to assist with getting students to their classrooms if needed. These areas will be as follows:
*Front Door: Mrs Phelan’s 3rd Grade Class & both 4th Grade Classes
*Breezeway Entrance: 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 6th Grade
*North Door Main Parking Lot (back area): 7th Grade, 8th Grade
*South Door Main Parking Lot (closer to street): Mrs. Moran’s 3rd Grade, Kindergarten, 5th Grade
There will be NO Parking in the Main lot at arrival and dismissal this year. As in years past, we strongly encourage you to park in the Saint James Church parking lot and walk up with your students (crossing guards will be out to help you cross at the crosswalks).
Dismissal each day will be outside in the Main Parking Lot instead of the gym.
As a reminder, helpful information related to the return to in-person learning this fall can be found on our website at https://saintjamesschool.net/fall2020